Thursday, February 5, 2009

Work frustrations

Do you work with complete dumb asses? People that have some how gotten in high positions but are dumb as a frying pan. I am not a genius but I know enough to do my job well.....most of the time ;)

A client of our companies who by some misfortune I help manage has a complete moron that does not have the basic skills to perform her job. What's worse is that she was even recently promoted and has people that report to her. Since they're our client that means we actually have to treat them well. So basically when they ask stupid questions that I've answered a gazillion times, I have to answer yet again with a smile on my face. And answer politely! bah! Seriously this lady asks the most retarded questions & lots of them that it makes me almost want to leave the company. Well it'd be one of several reasons I guess.

I feel like I am almost doing her job half the time. Even worse is that she presents things I do to to her counterparts at her company and claims all the credit. Not a big deal since her counterparts have no effect on my work review & raise & whatnot but it sucks knowing that she probably makes more than me when she is hardly qualified to do her job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world. LOL

I had to do the work of a couple of MBAs on my first project, and they made double my salary.

I was irritated, but instead of getting angry, I learned more that people in general are incompetent, especially middle managers, and you can always find ways to say No (not in your case), but not to provide them the information and make them search for it instead.

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

Anonymous said...

I am slowly learning the lesson of incompetent people in high positions.

Sometimes I find the working world is more about who you know & how you talk as opposed to the work you do.