Thursday, August 20, 2009

Skidless by Yogitoes - Yikes, I just spent $60 on a towel!

The facts are:

1. I practice yoga....I like yoga...I love yoga.
2. I sweat....I sweat a lot....In fact I have hyperhidrosis.

Sweating while doing yoga is normal but leads to potential slipping and sliding. It sucks when the worry of sliding out of a position is in your head when you're supposed to be thinking deep yoda like thoughts. My solution has been bringing a small hand towel to class and wiping my hands and feet every so often. It's not the best but does the job.

Well lately the weather has been hot & humid and my sweating is in overdrive so I googled to see what could help me. That's when I stumbled across something called skidless which is an absorbent microfibre like towel the size of a yoga mat that you place on top of your mat. It has silicone nubs on one side so it grips on to your yoga mat and as a result prevents slipping & sliding and best of all it absorbs sweat which I do a lot of!

Exactly what the doctor ordered. Even better is that's it's got amazing reviews online. I did not find one single negative review about this product. Not one! Normally you come across somebody that feels so-so but I searched and searched and couldn't find unhappy customers. It could be due to the fact that it is still relatively unknown except in yoga circles and is only a matter of time before it becomes mainstream. And we all know that going mainstream will surely bring out some naysayers.

Now the trouble was finding it locally. It was already expensive as it is and I didn't want to spend more on shipping so I spent more time googling and discovered some local studios that carried it, along with Lululemon. Lululemon was the most accesible so I stopped by the store on my way home and picked one up. It was ~$60 with tax but if it does what it promises, I would have easily paid more.

I tried it out as soon as I got home and I am in love. It works great and what's best is that it's machine washable. You don't know how many times I wonder what kind of bacteria is getting on my face from my mat when doing a pose that requires my face to come into contact with the mat. *shudder*

1 comments:

Michelle @ A Shade of Gray said...

Hello and thanks for stopping by! I am the same exact way! Have to have the feet covered in some way LOL

Glad you are loving your new yoga mat. The machine washable-ness alone makes it worth the price :-)

Have a great weekend.