Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Haircuts

I am due for a haircut & am not sure which route I want to go. Expensive salon route or school route (i.e. get my hair cut by a student at the Aveda institute). I've done both & have had instances where I was completely satisfied & then instances where I almost left crying because I hated my haircut.

I have crazy hair --> Thick semi-curly, wavy hair that I've grown to love. However not all hairstylists know how to work with my hair or give me a haircut that works with my hair & face.

A haircut at the local salon I'd go to is about $40. If I went to Aveda, I could pay as little as $10 I think. I don't completely remember how much I paid last time. To be honest though, I don't mind paying the extra buck if I got a good hair cut. I truly think if I found a wonderful hairdresser that every single time without fail had me leave the salon with fabulous hair, I would definitely pay $50 or more for the haircut.

However with all that being said and my upcoming trip expenditures, I think I am going to go the cheap route and book an appointment at Aveda.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know... it IS a tough decision. I used to do the Aveda academy thing when I lived near one. I never had one that I truly hated, and had tons that I liked. But it sucks that you can't request a specific student. I *think* I may have finally FINALLY found a good stylist. I've only had one cut with her but it was awesome and she was nice. We'll see when it comes time for the next one - make sure she's not hit and miss. But yes, the extra cash is worth it, if you've got a guaranteed good stylist to go to. GOOD LUCK!

Rags2Riches said...

Hope your stylist is the 'one'. I am still searching.