Sunday, December 7, 2008

Going out can be expensive

It's been an expensive weekend. ugh, ugh, ugh.

Movie: $10
Dinner on Friday night: $15
Groceries: $29
Gas: $30
Car oil change: $50
Makeup: $3. Cheap but it was still unnecessary & I am having buyers remorse.
Snack: $3
Dinner & drinks w/ the girls: $40

So in the matter of two days, I've spent ~$200! Granted about ~$100 were necessities: The oil change & groceries & gas. But half of that was avoidable or could have been minimized. I think the worst was dinner & drinks w/ the girls. The thing was I felt pressured to giving in to purchase a drink & dessert just because everybody else was. I don't know why I felt that way but I didn't want to be the one debbie downer that didn't order any alcohol. I really should have stood my ground or ordered a beer or something instead of a $7 glass of wine & an $8 plate of dessert that I couldn't even finish.

0 comments: