Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day Shopping

So who went shopping?

I go just about every year for clothes. I am a girl after all. I have the patience to sift through clothes & wait in lines for great deals. At least for a few hours. So I went this year again. What's the damage? $120 on clothes & $30 on a makeup brush set from costco. So $150 in total. I am also debating returning about $30 worth of clothes back as I am not sure I will actually wear it. Pretty good if I do say so myself.

The brush set at costco as seen below is an awesome deal. I started getting into makeup a little over a year ago. I have a pretty decent eyeshadow collection and brushes are key to a good application. I am willing to pay the extra buck for a quality soft brush that will last the test of washing & other abuse. This set has gotten great reviews at makeupalley.com & I trust the girls on there. A decent makeup brush goes for $10+. MAC easily has brushes that go up to $40 and that is something I am not willing to pay yet. So to get 10 brushes plus a makeup roll for $30 is an amazing deal.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good brushes are hard to find!

MAC has much more expensive brushes... my liquid foundation brush alone was $50, but it's made of sable which is really excellent. I'm sure they've got some that are even more...

But if you maintain them well you can keep them for life! Just wash gently with shampoo and lay flat to dry.

Other brushes that are cheaper and fairly decent are the ones from the SDM Quo collection. Sephora has a large variety as well, but I have yet to try them out.

Anonymous said...

I do have some Quo & Sephora brushes & find the quality of the costco one to actually be better! They've become my goto eyeshadow brushes to use.

I can't yet compare it to MAC. I've debated MAC long & hard but haven't taken the plunge just yet.