Saturday, April 14, 2012

Making strides

I used to run daily about five years ago.  I wanted to loose weight and didn't know much about fitness so I would do as much cardio as I could.  My knees would hurt every day but I kept doing it.  Eventually I got too busy with school and stopped.  Now I am older and wiser.  I try and do 1 session of cardio and 1 session of weights a week if I can manage it.  Some weeks I do more, others I do less but I try not to beat myeslf up over it.  I do curse myself when I am trying to do something after a long break and I find it hard because I've already lost the strength I worked hard to get.

Yesterday, I ran on the treadmill since it was still a little cold out there and was able to do 12 mins @ 6.5 & 18 mins @ 7 and the usual 5min warmup and 5 min cool down.  Considering I would 'run' @ 5 before and think I was doing well for myself, I am happy with my little accomplishment.


0 comments: