Friday, September 11, 2009

I am a fattie!

So by chance, I noticed that our local Costco was holding a free information session on Body Mass Index (BMI) and body fat percentage. I dragged my mom who has a membership and went. There was a lovely nurse who explained what BMI and body fat % is and also did some tests and calculations to see where I fall.

The results? Dun, dun, dun....I am at a good BMI! See the little chart on the left? Well I am in the green range at a healthy weight. However, my body fat % is 27.5% which a little high for some one with my stats. Ideally, I should be in the 21-24% range.

The key for me will be watching my food intake. I think I have the exercise part down but can't say no to anything sweet and anything fried or anything sweet that's fried (i.e. deep fried mars bars!).

2 comments:

Lena! said...

LOL - Deep Friend Mars Bars? I am sooo there.

Rags2Riches said...

CNE is a junk foodies dream come true ;)