Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara Review

I used to be a Cover Girl Lash Blast girl. No other mascara would do and then I tried Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara after Lotus had blogged about it being on sale @ PharmaPlus a while back. No longer a Lash Blast girl, Rimmel Sexy Curves is now my go to mascara. Since I liked the Sexy Curves one so much, I figured I'd try out another Rimmel Mascara. This time I went with their Glam'Eyes Mascara which promised volume.

My feelings: I like it but I don't love it. First & foremost for volume, this is not the mascara I would go with. I found I had to apply several layers and even then I didn't quite get the effect I desired. It did do an amazing job separating and defining the lashes. Also while my eyelashes would look great after application, a few hours later, I found my eyelashes weren't perky as it was right after the application. One of the reasons I like Rimmels Sexy Curves mascara is because it holds the curl in virtually all day for me. Another con with this mascara is, I found it a pain to remove. Almost like a waterproof mascara. If I wanted waterproof, I'd buy waterproof!

The verdict? It's good but not for what it's supposed to do. If you want a mascara that separates and doesn't clump, then this is your mascara. For volume, stay away. I'll keep using this mascara till it dries out but would not buy again. The packaging is super cute though!

0 comments: